Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My name is ***** *****. I have a non-programmable

Customer Question

Customer: Hello, My name is ***** *****. I have a non-programmable thermostat. I live in a high rise and don't exactly have access to the unit. The unit does have 2 thermostats, one of them is blowing out warm air when the Cool setting is on. The thermostat was changed over yesterday which is why I think it's the thermostat and not the unit it self. Any advice?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I turn the AC on it blows out hot air and warms the area instead of cooling it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

In large buildings there is most often a chilled water system, and a boiler system and the building management turns the boiler on in cool weather, and the water chiller on in warmer weather, This is always a problem in the spring and fall and when there is unseasonable weather.

Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

That may or may not be the case here.

This is something that is likely beyond what you should be attempting yourself, there could be a bad hot or cold water valve in the air handler, that would be the buildings responsibility.

Tell me what the building management had to say, verbatim about this, that will tell me a lot about the situation and managements capability,

We can go from there without any time limits.