Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician
Experience:  hvac technichian at performance plumbing and heating
89712187

I have a inline secondary blower furnace AC unit and I would

Customer Question

Customer: I have a inline secondary blower for my furnace AC unit and I would like to wire it up to it's own thermostat. Thank you ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The blower is in the attic in the duct line and I would like to power it on it's own using separate thermostat.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes I can wait.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 1 year ago.

hi i am dan i can help you with this. first how is it wired to come on now just when the furnace is runnig? what is the purpose for it being on its own thermostat?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have it wired to the furnace however I would like it to run when for the upstairs only so it will run when that thermostat says it needs to. I have power running from furnace to blower.

ok so you want to make the second floor its own zone correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok first just by controlling the boster fan with a thermostat will not make the second floor its own zone. the furnace will have to run too and need to isolate the first floor in order not to overheat the first floor zone. what you will have to do is install a complete zone system with a controller and dampers and make some duct modifications.

did you have any more questions about this?