Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

How do I wire a Cozy Floor Thermostat to my installed Cozy

Customer Question

How do I wire a Cozy Floor Thermostat to my installed Cozy Floor Cable System?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 11 months ago.

hi i am dan i can help you with this? did you have a specific question about wiring it? is the matt already installed?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We have already installed the floor cable system using a fault finder to safeguard against any cable installation problems. Now we want to find out how to connect the wires: two red and two black coming from the thermostat; the black, white and ground wires coming from the main service through the electrical box in the wall; and the two clear coated wires plus two smaller wires, one red and one black all coming from the floor cable system.

ok and do you know if it is wired for 110 volts or 208 volts?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's wired for 110 volts.

ok the black wire from the panel goes to the black wire on the thermostat labeled L1 the white wire goes to the red wire labled L2

the ground will attach to the electrical box the red and black from the matt go to the other red and black on the thermostat. the 2 small wires connect to the back of the thermostat they are for the floor sensor.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you. We understand the first and last part of the instructions. However we do not have a ground and red and black wire coming from the cable system. We have a ground with two clear wires coming from the cable system. Does it mean that we can hook up either clear wire to either of the red or black and it would be OK?

Yes it does not matter which one goes to the black or red. Did you also wire the floor sensor?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is it OK to cut back the sensor wires? We have about 8-10 inches coming out of the back of the box.

Yes it is ok to cut them if needed

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We have hooked up the thermostat but it is not working. We have power there, the thermostat switch is turned ON but the display window does not light up. What can we try now?

Is there a switch on the back to select 110 volts or 208 volts

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There is no switch on the back of the thermostat to select 110 or 208. Do we have it wired for 220 volts by wiring to the 2 extra unmarked wires(one red, one black)on the thermostat, when what we want is 110 volts?

Can you take a picture of the back of the thermostat with all the wiring and post it here.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Find attached a picture of the back of the thermostat wiring though it is a little fuzzy.

Thank you but I will need a clearer picture of that diagram on the back or a full wiring diagram if you have the instructions for it. I am unable to find any manual for it.