Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My name is ***** ***** I have a GMP075-3 goodman heater move

Customer Question

Customer: hi my name is ***** ***** I have a GMP075-3 goodman heater move thermostat to heat will not start up. there is no blinking light just a straight red light.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the red light is on like it is getting power but not starting up .like thermostat not calling for heat. I click the heater swich off the on it started up then went out. will not start back up again
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. Thanks for your business!

A steady red light in ON normal operation. You are not getting a call for heat. You need to check your thermostat. Possibly defective.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
heater is for 2nd floor do not have key to go in an check the thermostat now.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 11 months ago.

Well, more than likely this is your problem and it does need to be checked. Because a steady red LED just indicates a normal condition, but no call for heat.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 11 months ago.

Keep me posted about what you find, if you don't mind.