Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have an older Amana furance (45 years) that at times will

Customer Question

I have an older Amana furance (45 years) that at times will not restart when the temperature falls below the set mark. It has always sterted up with the reset button and seems to be okay most of the time after that until we set it back for the night or when we go out for an extended time. I know this is a very old furance and should be replaced but I don't have $4000 dollars at this point. So I am asking if there is a part or parts available for this furnance that would take care of this situation? Thank You, ***** *****
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Is there a wiring diagram on the back of the burner or blower compartment panel?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Rick. yes there is a wiring diagram.
Rich
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Ok, I need a well focused picture of the wiring diagram. You can post a picture here by clicking on ADD FILES next to the SEND button

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Rick, I am not too handy with getting pictures onto my computer but I will do my best to get it done one way or another. I will try to send the pics on Monday. I appreciate your prompt attention to this problem. Right now I've discovered that if we leave the temperature at a given point and don't turn it down at night the furance seems to work okay. I'll send you a message on Monday. Rich Henry
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Rick Thanks for responding so quickly. I'll work on getting these to you on Monday the 4TH. Rich Henry
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Ok