Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a burnham v8h oil-fired boiler which shut off. The

Customer Question

Customer: I have a burnham v8h oil-fired boiler which shut off. The green led light is blinking and when I pushed reset the boiler started, but only ran for about 15 seconds or so and shut down again. I tried twice.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not sure how long boiler was off it's been relatively warm the last few days. Boiler was installed in new home in 2009 and is serviced each year.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 1 year ago.

Hi i am dan I can help you with this. What is happening is either the flame is not lighting or the burner is not sensing it. Do you hear it light when you reset it?