Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.
67988511

I have a Carrier attic mounted furnace and I an getting an

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** I have a Carrier attic mounted furnace and I an getting an LED of code of 13, limit circuit lockout
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: so, the thermostat is on, however, the furnace will not come on And it's cold out here. 34 degrees, with no heat
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure. How long? Satisifed would mean I get the furnace to come on
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 11 months ago.

Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help!

This problem is typically do to 3 successive high temperature limit trips in which case turning power off to the furnace for one minute then restoring it should reset it. OR, the flame has rolled out of the burners and the roll-out switch has tripped in which case the roll-out switch must be found near the burner nozzles and be reset by pushing in the tiny little button in the center of it.

The high temp limit trip is often caused by a dirty or plugged air filter so you should check that.

The roll-out switch trip can be caused by quite a few things including a gust of air that blew air down the flue among many other reasons. If you can get the unit reset and it continues to happen, then it's best to have a technician look at the furnace to determine the cause.

If you can give me the model number of the furnace, I may be able to shed more light on the subject.

Thanks,

Brian