Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My name is ***** *****. I have a 80 gh Efficiency Heater. My

Customer Question

Customer: Hi! My name is ***** *****. I have a Bryant 80 High Efficiency Heater. My air conditioner wouldn't turn on today; when I went to try the heater, it wouldn't either. The unit had ice on it (inside house and it's been 70 degrees outside). The Heater turned on later this evening and now isn't working. The red light that is with the unit is flashing. Not sure what I need to do.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When the air conditioner wasn't working I could hear the unit running outside but it woudln't blow air inside and the fan never kicked on for it. Not sure if it's related to the heater or if possibly its just a faulty thermostat The thermostat is an older Honeywell, NOT digital
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure, thank you
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 11 months ago.

Good Morning. I am Kevin from JA.

Sounds like your blower motor is not operating, ( this would freeze up the coil inside, and you would see it travel on the larger of the two pipes to the outside. First we need to get the evaporator coil defrosted, then I would try turning just the blower motor on, (fan switch on the thermostat), we can further diagnose from there.