Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My carrier air conditioner has just stopped. Won't turn

Customer Question

My carrier air conditioner has just stopped. Won't turn off and is showing E 1 message. What's wrong please?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I need the model number in order to look up the error code. I need a more thorough description of what the AC is doing, what exactly to you mean by 'it won't turn off' earlier in the sentence you said 'it just stopped' Those are conflicting statements, can you elaborate extensively for me, and tell me a lot about your technical background if any so that I can coach you most effectively,

please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel, the picture needs to be taken from straight on, in very good light.

You can use the paper clip- icon at the right end of the tool bar at the top of this dialog box to attach it here.,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If you have an error code showing, tell me what the code read out is on the wiring diagram or a sticker next to the diagram please.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attach files' link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.