Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I live in a rental apartment where a Rodgers thermostat has

Customer Question

I live in a rental apartment where a White Rodgers thermostat has just been installed. It is of rectangular shape with controls vertically down the right hand side.
The lower control is for System, Cool, Off and Heat options.
The upper control is for Fan, with two options vertically. The lower one says Off, but the upper one appears to be some kind of a diagram which I do not understand. Can you please enlighten me?
***@******.***
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 11 months ago.

hello,

do you see a model number under the cover?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't see a cover nor any model number.

Can you look at this site and tell me if yours matches one shown?...remember to click see all.

White Rodgers Thermostats

Or you could take a pic and post here

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'll try taking a pic but I'm not sure if I know how to send it to you. I cannot find it on the website.

there should be an attach file link

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I won't spend the money on a phone call so I'll keep trying with a photo.

no problem...I am not configured for phone call anyway so disregard computer generated prompts

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can you give me the email address to send it to?

I am afraid being a holiday would slow the email a day or so as it oges to customer service. Let me see if can locate the attache file help

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I guess I should call it some kind of a symbol (which I am unable to interpret) rather than a diagram.
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Hello, the front of the thermostat can be gently pryed off of the wall plate with a knife fit between the the two. The brand and model number of the thermostat will be there, if you can send me the full model number I can probably get you the operators manual for it.

.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK. I see 1520T 5001-8672 plus LR27935, and some stuff which appears to be in French.
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Hello again, LR27935 that or the 1520T number appear to be legitimate but for some reason not comming up in my files nor on the web

see if you can find any other numbers in that area on the back side of the thermostat please.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The full wording of the rest of the stuff is -White Rodgers
Unpolaire Birectionnel
Chauffage 0.15 A 1.2A
Climatisation 1.5 A MAX
Max 30 Volts CA
IE56N-361
Classe 2Plus a registered trade mark symbol of SA surrounded by a C.And that is everything.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Aha! I've just realised that it's not a symbol at all, it actually spells AUTO vertically, which makes it almost impossible to read as a word! Now all I need to know is, what exactly does it mean? The other option is OFF, so just how does this differ from ON?
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** reason I am not finding the manual for that thermostat.

IF its the Fan switch with the AUTO and ON positions, you can set the fan to ON and it will run all the time. IF it is set to AUTO the fan will run whenever the thermostat is calling for heating or cooling.

Try that and let me know what happens.