airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

A Honeywell thermostat
, I removed a thermostat in a

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** a Honeywell thermostat
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I removed a thermostat in a room further down the wall and added some 18-5 thermostat wire to extend it. i spliced the new wire with the old and install the thermostat about 25 feet away. plugged in the wires and tightened them down but now the heat system will not turn on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Did you turn power off to unit before removing thermostat? If not possible you may have let wires touch and create a short blowing a small fuse I furnace.