Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

New house and th132-f system not working
, it is an

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, new house and th132-f system not working
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it is an underfloor heating system. The thermostat is set to be on manual, I set the temp[ up high but it doesn't seem to make any difference
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Electrical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I see that you have been waiting for a while. The reason is that with offers in that price range and about half of the customers not rating the expert, the expert in that case does not get paid, even though he might spend hours on the question.

With that in mind if you will rate my first effort here positively, I will work with you until we get the problem resolved, depending of course on your skill sets, but to include an hour of my time.

Tell me if the system has ever worked, or did this just develop after the system had been working for a while.?

Tell me if the hot water circulating pump is running or not, if it is running, then it is likely that that air is trapped in the underfloor tubing, that will prevent water flow (called vapor lock) in that case the underfloor tubing must be purged of air. I can coach you on how to handle that

If you want to continue with me, rate that bit of advice positively, if would like me to opt out, and hope that another of our experts picks up your question, just do not rate at all. And i will opt out.