airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Our furnace seems to short-cycle. The ignitor will glow,

Customer Question

Our furnace seems to short-cycle. The ignitor will glow, flame will fire for a few seconds and then it goes out and the blower starts up. it will do this up to 3-4 times and then the furnace goes into a 1 hour lock-out. We have had a service person here 2-3 times and he replaced the inducer, no change. I can test components and troubleshoot, I have been in industrial maintenance for 20 years. We just want our furnace to stay running. Thanks for your time.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 11 months ago.

Most of the Nordyne furnaces have a control board with an error light.If furnace fails the light will blink a certain number of times to indicate what failed, The symptons sound like the flame sensor.Keep an eye on it and if it fails, see if we are getting an error code.Let me know what the pattern of flashing is and complete model on furnace and we will go from here.