Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Im ***** *****. Im having an issue replacing my apartment

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, im ***** *****. Im having an issue replacing my apartment thermostate
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: im replacing a honeywell TH2110D with a Honeywell RTH6580WF and i can't seem to get the heat to turn on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long does it usually take to get a response
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i replaced the thermostat per the instructions and the cooling works fine, but the heating does not
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
On the old thermostat, the wiring was Y to yellow, R to Red, C to brown, G to green, O/B to orange, and W is jumped to Y. How would I wire the new thermostat RTH6580WF to make everything work?
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Tell me where the Brown wire you have attached to C at the thermostat attaches in the furnace.

Please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel, the picture needs to be taken from straight on, in very good light.

You can use the paper clip- icon at the right end of the tool bar at the top of this dialog box to attach it here.,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If you have an error code showing, tell me what the code read out is on the wiring diagram or a sticker next to the diagram please.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attach files'link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Phil,
I apologize, but I was able to figure it out last night after I submitted the question. I apologize for taking up your time. Thank you for the response.Dan
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Good work on your end Dan, no apology needed.