Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

We have a Carrier Comfort Zone II thermostat. I have trouble

Customer Question

We have a Carrier Comfort Zone II thermostat. I have trouble programming it. I set the program I want for each time period, day, zone, etc. then I hit "End" as instructed in the manual, and it goes right back to my old settings. I don't find anything in the Manual which helps with this.
My second problem is that the heat and/or air conditioning run constantly. It is winter, and we don't like having the air conditioning running, as this is very expensive. If we set the heat at @ 68 degrees and set the cool temp higher up, say at 80, so it doesn't kick in right away, could this reduce the time when the air conditioner kicks in?
I would be very grateful for any help with these questions.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 11 months ago.

hi i am dan, i can help you with this. has this always been doing this or did it just start having this problem?