Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician
Experience:  hvac technichian at performance plumbing and heating
89712187

I am trying to decipher the wiring diagram from the TWE036C

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. I am trying to decipher the wiring diagram from the TWE036C Trane/American Standard air handler and translate to the Hunter programmable thermostat on my wall.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The Trane air handler shows the following wires....R, Y, O, G, T, W, X2, B, and F. The Hunter has the following...R, Y, G, W, L, O, B, A/E, Y2, and C.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I will pay if my question is answered to my satisfaction and I am not give a run around
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the obvious wires R, Y, O are not a problem....B on the air handler goes to the main 8 pin connector, out to the heat pump outside, and back to the thermostat as a blue wire
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 11 months ago.

hi i am dan, i can help you with this. the B wire is your common wire from the transformer. it will connect to C on your thermostat

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Good...the air handler ....x2 on the air handler equals what the on the thermostat?
\
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
t on the air handler equals what on the thermostat?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
just need to match up the following wires at the air handler T, W, X2, F to the thermostat

were all those wire connected to the old thermostat? do you have electric backup heaters?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the air handler has backup heating elements
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I traced back 7 wires from the thermostat back to the air handler.....

ok W will go to W on the thermostat. X2 will go to E on the thermostat. T and F are not used

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
this should enable the heat pump to kick on first and then trigger the heating elements if there is a demand for it?>

correct and when you switch to emergency heat it is just the electric heaters

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok. I think i follow you ...what is the F terminal supposed to be>
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
for some reason the T and W wires were tied together at the air handler....

it is for trane specific equipment to show you there is a fault on the system from the thermostat. you can leave T and W connected just cap off the ends of the T and F terminals at the thermostat. if you have any more questions please let me know. if you could please rate me on my service by selecting one of the 5 stars i would appreciate it. thank you for using just answer.

did you have any more questions about this? did you start it up yet and did it work?