Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Please let me know who can repair an Apollo Hydronic 52,500

Customer Question

Customer: Please let me know who can repair an Apollo Hydronic 52,500 btu water heater? I need an experienced plumber who is in the Oakland, Alameda County area. This is an emergency. We do not want to replace the water heater, but need troubleshooting and repair. I can give you the model number. It heats the condo and the water. It supplies the heat and the hot water. We are having no luck at all, been working on this for over a week. If you know, please let me know. I can pay the fee, but the information must be solid. Thank you. ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes, my mother's water heater is not supplying heat or hot water. It's an Apollo Hydronic water heater, model #A650NRVTL2Z. It is a two bedroom, two-level condo. The heat and hot water is supplied by the water heater. I guess they do not make these Apollo systems anymore. But, she needs troubleshooting and repair. She does not want to replace, because the funds are limited. Is there an expert out there? Do you know?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry but I can't recommend anyone in the Oakland area. I'm on the East Coast. I could help you with troubleshooting but that's all I can do. I'm going to open this backup to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Apollo Heating & Ventilating  

***** San Francisco, CA 94112,

(###) ###-####/p>

Thanks for letting me work with you. When we are finished,if my answer has been polite, professional, and thorough,please locate the 'rate your expert button' and click one of the ratings .If you still need help let me know!.

Rating will not increase your charges, nor close the question, but is how I earn my living.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Apollo referred me to someone else I haven't got a straight answer yet I'll let you know how this goes the company you refer does not work on hydronic water heaters
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for letting me know, Apollo has been fading for many years, extinct in some areas.

Do stay in touch.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Dear sirs this has not been resolved dear serves this has not been resolved do you have another recommendation we really need this Apollo water heater repair
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Hello again, most hot water tanks have a life span in the 15 to 20 year range, then they rust out or get full of lime scale, or both. Repairs are not as viable as replacement at todays labor rates... if the water heater is leaking due to being rusted out, it is not repairable/

Tell me please if its leaking or just not producing hot water, and about how old the water heater is.

Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

http://www.ableair1.com/pdf/apollo_brochure.pdf

tell me what your tank looks like please, is there a vent on top and a gas line feeding a burner on the bottom, or does it only have 4 copper pipes attached to the sides and a water heater mounted elsewhere.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, Phil,Here's a picture attached. The system is from 2003.
Thank you.Sherry
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Thanks,

If its not leaking water, and is just failing to heat water, any experienced plumber should be able to fiix that.

First choice 78 positive ratings, 4.8 out of 5 stars

http://www.albertnahmanplumbing.com/

Distant second choice, 4.7 stars but only 8 ratings

http://waterheatersoakland.com/

We can go from here without a time limit.

Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.