Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Trying to install a new thermostat. The c wire is

Customer Question

Trying to install a new thermostat. The c wire is disconnected on both ends of line, installed thermostat. Now where do I connect the c wire on the a/c / heater combo.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

If there is a C terminal on the furnace thermostat terminal strip you can connect it there... if there is no C terminal I will need some pictures

Please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel, the picture needs to be taken from straight on, in very good light.

You can use the paper clip- icon at the right end of the tool bar at the top of this dialog box to attach it here.,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If you have an error code showing, tell me what the code read out is on the wiring diagram or a sticker next to the diagram please.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attachfiles'link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

We can go from there.