Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Thanks!. Here is what I observed: Exhaust Venter Blower

Customer Question

Customer: Thanks!. Here is what I observed: Exhaust Venter Blower starts, hot surface ignitor lights up, but no flame
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Exhaust Venter Blower starts, hot surface ignitor lights up, then there is a click, but there is no flame (it looks like no gas is blowing out of the pipe). I tried lighting up the flame by a lighter, no luck
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure. And I am definitely willing to pay that fee (around $18) if I am satisfied (the problem is solved).
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You need to test for 24 volts at the gas valve when the igniter is glowing. If you have 24 VAC there and no main burner ignition then the gas valve is suspect. If you don't have 24 volt at the valve when the igniter is glowing then the board is suspect