Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

My muchkin heater has a h2o relief pipe of water. I just

Customer Question

Hi there, My muchkin heater has a h2o relief pipe for overflow of water. I just noticed it has a continuous flow of water coming out. Not gushing out but enough that i an concerned. Any ideas???
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

It's likely that the expansion tank has failed which caused the pressure to rise above 30 psi which caused the relief valve to discharge. What you can do now since nothing is open and you can't get parts is to turn the water off into the system and drain some water out so the pressure drops into the low 20's. If the relief valve continues to leak flip the lever up quickly then quickly back down to flush out any debris under the seat.