Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My name is ***** *****. I have a Goodman furnace model

Customer Question

Customer: Hi. My name is ***** *****. I have a Goodman furnace model #CAPF3636B6DB. The serial number is(###) ###-#### ***** pilot light wont light. It ignites when I push and hold the button but immediately goes off as soon as I release the button.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I don't know what else to tell you? What would be helpful? It was working last night. It won't work this morning. I just had gas installed and new gas lines ran about two weeks ago. The house was vacant for about a year before I purchased it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes I am willing. Thank you.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I am Kevin from JA. I may be able to help you. Please stand by as I pull up a schematic for your particular furnace.

ok, the number you provided for a model number is ***** "ac coil" unit. The model number of your furnace should be most likely in the burner compartment or blower compartment.... this will be needed to help you .

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am unable to access the compartment. I will need to wait for someone to assist me.

Hello again, I am back. can I help you or do you need an "on sight technician"?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am disabled and unable to maneuver into a good position to get the panel off. The hall is too narrow. I have someone coming over to help.

ok, sorry I couldn't help you today. Please understand that we work on the "honor" system here and rely on your ratings to get paid for our time to answer your questions. Please rate me as to the service you have received. If you cannot leave a positive answer, give me the opportunity to correct the situation before leaving a negative response. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Thank You,

Merry Christmas, and a prosperous New Year,

Kevin.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will do that. Thank you very much.
Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year to you and yours.Teresa
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello again. It is saying I can't leave a review until I get and answer and we finish talking. Do you need to end the conversation?Teresa

You can leave a review, but you can still contact me. For instance, you are waiting for a part to arrive, but have your answer.