Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a olsen gas hot air furnace model #gthb120

Customer Question

I have a olsen gas hot air furnace model #gthb120 serl.#1410b012383 have to reset it every two hours or sum times it runs for aday
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Hello

So far it sounds like a dirty flame sensor rod that is failing intermittently to sense flame, requiring a reset... or it could be that the air filter is dirty and the furnace is tripping its high temperature limit switch. Be sure that there is a clean air filter in the furnace

If you need instructions on how to locate the flame sensor rod please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel, the picture needs to be taken from straight on, in very good light.

You can use the paper clip- icon at the right end of the tool bar at the top of this dialog box to attach it here.,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If you have an error code showing, tell me what the code read out is on the wiring diagram or a sticker next to the diagram please.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attachfiles'link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

We can go from there.