Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

We have a triangle tube boiler and have no hot water. Have

Customer Question

We have a triangle tube boiler and have no hot water. Have tried to reset and nothing working. We have a code of 0110 showing. Any advice?
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Current code is 0106. We have reset with no success
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Hello, look on the water heater wiring diagram for code read outs... meantime tell me the model number of the water heater and I will see if I can pull the manual on it.

Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Tell me please about how old the water heater is.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Its a boiler and the model number is ***** and it is 2006
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We did look at code read outs and this isn't on it....
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

A bad printed circuit card will output bogus error codes. I will be off line for a few minutes looking for the manual.

Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

ps9605 is not a typical triangle tube model number... it looks like might be from one of the sub-components. See if you can find the triangle tube name plate that lists the *serial number... I do not need the serial number, but that same name plate will have the model number on it, and that is what I need.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok checking
Solo 110?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That was the serial number before. Can't find a name plate with model.... could be up against the wall where we can't access
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is a solo 110 ..does that ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When we reset it ...it goes to A ....does an analysis and then goes to 0 88
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You still with us:)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it looks like we lost our connection... we will try again when we get back from church......
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Hello again.

http://www.triangletube.com/documents/1/Prestige%20%20110%20TriMax%20Manual%20020614.pdf

Tell me please if that looks like the right manual for your water heater or not.

Error codes begin on page 54, the ones showing on your unit are not listed.

http://screencast.com/t/jTaAroBMK

If you have high level electronics skills there is a good chance that we can resolve this issue here in the dialog box, if you do not have those skills do the tests I presented on the wiring diagram, let me know how it goes.

If none of this is in your skill sets, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and I will look for a well rated Triangle tube water heater dealer for you.

We can go from there.