Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I'm getting a 33 code on my ***** ***** Plus 90i 355 furnace

Customer Question

Customer: i'm getting a 33 code on my ***** ***** Plus 90i 355 furnace Model 355MAV. Technician was out earlier in the week and replaced the exchanger. Unit worked fine for three days and now error code shows. How do I reset the unit? Stephen
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what other details do you want? I get a Code 33 on my 10 yr old ***** ***** Plus 90i furnace and want to reset the switch - what's the sequence to doing so?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

A 33 error is an open limit circuit. The only thing you can reset is the rollout switch (see attached pic for typical) which is just above and outside the burner chamber. Turn the power off then try pushing the small button between the 2 wires. If it clicks you have reset it and the burner should fire up with any luck once you turn the power back on. If it doesn't click it wasn't tripped. Beyond that all you can do is check for loose connections along the wire that's connected to the rollout.