Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I'm looking at a Copeland hermitic compressor and the lines

Customer Question

I'm looking at a Copeland hermitic compressor and the lines are frozen it won't take a charge and the compressor overload is hanging outside of the compressor by two wires did the compressor pop the overload or could it have been that way
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

The over load hanging is caused by a careless service person... they do not come that way... if the lines that attach to the compressor are frozen, the compressor is most likely fine, and the problems lay elsewhere in the system.

If you can attach 3 or 4 pictures taken from 6 or 8 feet away at different angles I can get a better idea of whats going on with the system.

Use the paper clip icon at the right end of your tool bar, or the 'attach files' link to the left of your send button.

We can go from there without a time limit.