Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My carrier 58rav would blow air but not blowing warm air, it

Customer Question

Customer: my carrier 58rav would blow air but not blowing warm air, it doesn't warm up the house at the temp setting you set it at. I replaced it with Honeywell thermostat and still not working right.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I went up the ceiling and I can see the furnace glowing but it turns on and off. the red light is on steady
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.

Turn off power to furnace and then back on. Go in attic and observe. Sequence. Should be that the small fan starts for a few seconds,ignitor glows for 10 seconds and gas valve opens. Watch and let me know if gas valve clicks. Russ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im at work. Can i email you later?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Theres a power cord that plugs in to the outlet, can i just unplug that

Sorry late response. Yes just unplug that cord. Russ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turned it off and on, the fan turned on for maybe a minute then it glowed then I heard a click followed by the burner fired, all of them and it kept goin. I set the thermostat to 75. When the thermostat reach 71, the hvac stopped even the set temp is 75. Usually it doesn't stop until it reach the set max temp.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But It still blowing heat though, I check each vent and warm air coming out, but the temp doesn't go up higher than 71

Check the filters to see if they are blocked. If so replace. When this goes off check the flashing led at fi=urnace and count the flashes. This will tell us the problem area. Russ