Kcrand36
Kcrand36, HVAC Mechanic
Experience:  Owner at Advantage Repair
90277609

Air handler fan is running with setting on auto and system

Customer Question

air handler fan is running with setting on auto and system is set on off
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 11 months ago.

good morning, I am Kevin one of the techs here on JA. Can you give me a little more information on your air handler unit? Model or serial number?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is a GMP& GMPE power vented multi-position gas furnace from the Goodman Manufacturing company. I can not find a model or serial # ***** I think it is behind unit. Unit is in attic I can not get around back of it no room. did not open access panel. Heat and A/C work fine just when system is turned off. The fan runs for awhile shuts off for awhile then back on

do you have a humidifier installed in this unit?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no

Three other things you can check.

I would disconnect the G wire at the furnace unit ( this is used for cooling, so if you are done for the cooling season, you could disconnect this temporarily) This will narrow down to the furnace or wiring/tstat problem. If the problem continues after disconnecting that wire, then your problem is most likely the control board at the furnace. If it does not continue, then reconnect that wire, go to the thermostat and disconnect the g wire at the thermostat. Again, if problem continues, you have narrowed it down to the wiring, if it does not continue, it is the thermostat.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you I will try

If there is anything I can help you diagnose further on this issue, please feel free to contact me....

Thank You,

Kevin.

Before leaving, please leave a rating for the answer for the service you have requested. Before leaving negative feedback, please give me the opportunity to make it right for you...