HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a conquest 80 gas furnace that has stopped working

Customer Question

Hi Mark my name is***** have a conquest 80 gas furnace that has stopped working and I have spot on a lot of my walls. What can cause this. I also noticed the igniter is broken
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

When you say spot on the walls where are you talking about exactly?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Soot coming out of the registers

If soot is coming out of the registers you likely have a major crack in the exchange...you will likely need to replace the unit as that could kill you or your family due to carbon monoxide.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The unit is 8 years old do you think there is a warranty on it from the manufacturer

Yes the exchanger may still be warrantied, but the catch is they would give you the exchanger for free but the labor you will have to pay

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do I contact the manufacturer ?

Yes I would if it is only 8 years old(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is that the manufacturer telephone number for the furnace ??

Yes that should be it

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok thank you

No problem and have a Merry Christmas!