HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Pulse 21 ignition control
, light is on on the control

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Pulse 21 ignition control
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Green light is on on the control but it wont start, fan runs if i jump it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 11 months ago.

Can you give me the complete model number on the furnace? It will be on a label on inside furnace panel just above burners.Remove panel to burner compartment and look inside. The model number will help me give accurate assistance for your specific unit.

Below is a link showing where to find label with model number:

http://i.imgur.com/EkrwIdi.jpg.

If furnace is not coming on, there should be an error light flashing on the control board in blower compartment to indicate what has failed. If you can locate this and tell me the pattern of the flash, that will point us in the right direction for troubleshooting.

Also let me know if you have a multi meter for troubleshooting.WE will go from here.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Model Number G21Q3-60-1 No flashing light It just tries to start again

Ok this is an older furnace before they put error lights on board. Does the vent purge motor start on call for heat?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i think so it hums

Is red led lit?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No red light just a green light
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the green light stays on runs for 8 sec shuts off and starts again

I am going to open to other experts.My manual is showing we should have red diagnostic light on if it fails.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
now its running
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 11 months ago.

OK is it all working good?

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks