HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Dsfd sorry, im trying to read your old answer i have a

Customer Question

Customer: dsfd sorry, im trying to read your old answer i have a Honeywell RTH9580WF and I have a boiler heat and a separate AC
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes, I have Red white on heat and red, blue, green, yellow on AC how do I exactly connect it to the new thermostat i was thinking about taking out a jumper connect red from heating under R, red from AC under RC, white under W, blue under common, green under G, and Yellow under Y my issue was it didnt power the thermostat before and i burn 2 transformers because I think of the jumper between R and RC
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I also have green and blue under heat
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

The wiring you have is correct R and RC should have a jumper, but you say you have Green and Blue under heat? Blue should go to C and Green should go to G.

Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry I missed your request. I'm not sure the question and description was understood properly earlier. I understand your question and explanation and your wiring scheme is correct. Since you have a separate boiler with it's own control transformer and then an ac system with its own control transformer, you do indeed have to remove the jumper between R and Rc. Replace any burned out transformer, double check your wiring is the way you state you thought to do above and you should be good to go!

Thanks much,

Brian

Just let me know if you any more help