Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

I have a GE power vent hot water tank it stop heating and

Customer Question

I have a GE power vent hot water tank it stop heating and was giving a error code for preasure switch not close. I toggled the blower switch off and back on and the blower started and the burner ignited. At first I thought I was going to have to replace the preasure switch but now not so sure. Any advice would be appreciated.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.

It sounds like you have a "finicky" pressure switch which is sometimes working, sometimes not. These switches typically go bad. Another thing to check, make sure your exhaust piping is clear and nothing blocking it.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have additional questions on this. Otherwise, good luck! Thank you for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (Thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any additional questions.