Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Non battery thermostat wont stay on. when reset it heats up

Customer Question

non battery thermostat wont stay on. when reset it heats up the home until temp is reached then the screen goes blank and i need to reset it again for it to work. It has been replaced and tested to see if power is going to it. any help
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

This may not be a thermostat issue. What do you have for heating equipment? Brand and model please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not sure of equipment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i need to go in attic and check
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I'm having connection issues. I'm going to open this backup to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Next please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel, the picture needs to be taken from straight on, in very good light.

You can use the paper clip- icon at the right end of the tool bar at the top of this dialog box to attach it here.,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If you have an error code showing, tell me what the code read out is on the wiring diagram or a sticker next to the diagram please.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attachfiles'link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** need a photo of the wiring diagram, it is a sheet of paper, *glued inside the blower service door. It needs to be taken per my original note, close up, very well lit and exceedingly well focused etc.

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Those are the operating instructions, I find those quite useful, thanks.

but I need the wiring diagram, see this link for typical pictures of furnace wiring diagram, you have to remove the furnace blower door to see it, it is glued to the inside of the door

click here

This trouble shooting can get pretty technical, tell me a lot about your skill sets in those regards ***** ***** you have a multi meter or not, if not, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and I will see if I can find a well rated outfit in your area.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have no experience at all. sorry. just end this and see who u reccomend
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city and I will see who is in the area that has good ratings.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
south west. 2 miles from center of las vegas
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

First choice

http://lasvegasair.net/

Second choice

http://www.coolairconditioningnow.com/

Both are well rated.

Thanks for letting me work with you. When we are finished,if my answer has been polite, professional, and thorough,please locate the 'rate your expert button' and click one of the ratings .If you still need help let me know!.

Rating will not increase your charges, nor close the question, but is how I earn my living.

Thanks again.