Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

I am in a rented property and there are no instructions. I

Customer Question

I am in a rented property and there are no instructions. I slide the button to cool yesterday afternoon (it was 32C outside) but all I got was hot air and 33C was flashing and I could not change it. Can you email me a step by step (idiot proof) set on instructions please? with diagrams if possible.
Regards,
Denise
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.

The easiest way to turn your system on without messing with the program is to use the permanent override function. To do this,

Press the Hold/Return until the hold icon appears

Press or hold up or down for one second to enter manual override mode. (release the button when the display flashes)

Press the up or down settings to set the temperature as desired.

Press and release Hold/Return to return to the normal display.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tim, thanks for that I will try it when I get home from work this afternoon. Denise
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

OK, sounds good. Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Tim, will do. have a lovely weekend and Christmas
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

You, too!!

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have additional questions on this. Otherwise, good luck! Thank you for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (Thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any additional questions.