Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My Totaline thermostat p/n 0441 is unresponsive but the

Customer Question

My Totaline thermostat p/n 0441 is unresponsive but the buttons don't appear to be locked. I tried unlocking per the owner's manual but this doesn't seem to work. What is wrong?
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

These are electronic thermostats, with a limited life span, and difficult to trouble shoot. I can coach you on some tests if you have a multi meter and/or I can coach you on where to buy a new one for under $50.

I need to know how many wires are attached to the thermostat, which colors, and to which terminal letters they are attached to. The problem could very well not be a thermostat problem but a problem in the furnace or air handler itself.

If you want to go even further with some trouble shooting I need you to

please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel, the picture needs to be taken from straight on, in very good light.

You can use the paper clip- icon at the right end of the tool bar at the top of this dialog box to attach it here.,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If you have an error code showing, tell me what the code read out is on the wiring diagram or a sticker next to the diagram please.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attachfiles'link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

We can go from there.