Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Have criterion 2 furnace that the inducer will run sometimes

Customer Question

Have criterion 2 furnace that the inducer will run sometimes long enough for the his to heat up and other times not even that long before cutting out . Sometimes we get a 4 blink code
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

A 4 flash code is the draft pressure switch is closed when it should be open. But this should only occur at start up. The board checks that the draft switch is open (so you can't just jump it out) before the inducer will start. So the problem you describe sounds like something else. What do you get for a code when it shuts down before the house warms up?