Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I had an electrical surge on my furnace gh Efficientcy and

Customer Question

Customer: I had an electrical surge on my furnace High Efficientcy and variable speed that I had in stalled last year,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the fuse on the circuit was burnt, then the transformer was replaced, still no success and now the circuit board has been replaced, Still not working. IS there a way to diagnose ? Now I'm told the blower motor mighty be fried...
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the model number of the KeepRite Furnace G9NAE0801714A2. They are now suggesting replacing the furnace given and there is the AC unit that could have been affected. Furnace was on Heat only.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 11 months ago.

hello,

It sounds like you may have an issue with a dealer not up to current technical troubleshooting.

There is an ECM motor tester that we use on variable speed motors and it tells you right away what the issue is. It appears they are changing parts hoping to find the cause.

It is possible the motor was affected...but then the furnace would still fire up, create heat, but the blower would not kick on. Are there any codes? What is current operation?

Billy

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
They are not looking at any error codes. they changed the transformer .they changed the circuit board. the furnace does not fire up . nor the fan I think they are using a power tester on the board. I assume the board would have error codes?

Ok,

This is one of those that I wish I could be onsite.

With power on...does the circuit board light illuminate? And if so is it solid or blinking?

Also here is a manual with troubleshooting to help work our way through

Keeprite Variable Speed Furnace