Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Gibson propane hot air furnace No error lights at all,

Customer Question

Gibson propane hot air furnace
No error lights at all, indicating no power so checked circuit breaker, not popped but turned it off and onAlso turned switch at furnace off then on (10-15 seconds)Both tanks at 20% so called gas companyWhy is there no power?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

There can be many reasons for no power, the breaker may still actually be tripped. If all you did was turn it off and then back on again, that will not always *reset* the breaker, you have to turn it off, then *push it OFF* to reset it in many cases.

You could also have a wire burnt off at a junction box at the furnace or before that. You will need a multi meter to do some tests. ($30 at a hardware store for a good one).

It is possible that you actually do have power to the furnace but that a fuse on the printed circuit board is blown, or the 24 volt transformer is bad.

If you want help in trouble shooting this, please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel, the picture needs to be taken from straight on, in very good light.

You can use the paper clip- icon at the right end of the tool bar at the top of this dialog box to attach it here.,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If you have an error code showing, tell me what the code read out is on the wiring diagram or a sticker next to the diagram please.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attachfiles'link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No error codes, no lights, no power
I attached the wiring diagram and did as you suggested to the circuit breaker
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Thanks,

http://screencast.com/t/f54LfM3NZxzx

Do those voltage checks,

I will be back in about 40 minutes, I have to run out on a quick fix job.

Phil