Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Our fireplace just stopped lighting. We replaced the

Customer Question

Customer: our fireplace just stopped lighting. We replaced the batteries in the remote and in the box under the fireplace. the pilot seems to be lit
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The remote worked this morning which is how we usually start it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, if you can see the pilot flame, then the problem is most likely a bad remote control or a bad gas valve.

This is not an easy trouble shooting process, let me know a lot about your skill sets and if you have a multi meter or not, and wish to do some tests on the gas valve circuits or not.

If not, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city, or town and I will see if I can find a well rated fire place insert service outfit for you.