Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

How do I get back to where I was when I had to put credit

Customer Question

How do I get back to where I was when I had to put credit card info In?
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I already entered a lot of information. Can you pull it up or do I have to reenter?
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

I reported your request to customer service. I might be able to answer your thermostat question but anything else is a matter for customer service

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How do I get my thermostat (White - Rodgers Non prgm) to work so I can set it higher. Crrent lyn at 64. I got iot up a bit but ...
I did see that the unit turned on when I touched the R &G and one other R &?
What do I do now?
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

My screen shows your question is now locked by customer service. So perhaps it would be better to wait until they contact you an tell you how to proceed. Please provide the model number of the thermostat when you post next time. One other thing to try in the mean time. Connect the leads on R & W together and see if your furnace fires up. If it does then that rules out a problem with the furnace.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did and the furnace fired up ok
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Then if your thermostat is non-programmable you should be able to just raise or lower the temp. Since I don't know what model you have I can't say how to do that. Usually it's with UP & DOWN arrows. If that doesn't work you probably need a new thermostat.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Rick
The thermostat model # is White-Rodgers 1F78 non-prgmr.
I'm sorry I was so long in getting back but got stuck on a business call.
The thermostat has openings to push buttons for up and down.
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Ok, then my last answer still applies. Of course the SYSTEM button must be slid over to HEAT. If you've done all that and it still doesn't respond then you need a new thermostat assuming of course this isn't a long time problem which might be caused by inadequate output from undersized heating equipment

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Rick, Sorry again for delay. It seems that the thermostat is dead or sickly so I will just wait for the repaiman to come on Friday.
Thank you for your help and patience. Liz Arjun
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Your welcome. I'd appreciate a favorable rating