Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

, I have a comfortmaker furnace, which just stop making

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Tom,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a comfortmaker furnace, which just stop making hot air. The fan still blows and but just cold air comes out of the vents. I turn the thermostat down, but the unit won't stop. I powered the unit off for a few minute, but the furnace just start to blow as soon as I powered it on, even I turn off the thermostat. Do you know what issue it could be? Thanks,
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 11 months ago.

Can you give me the complete model number on the furnace? It will be on a label on inside furnace panel just above burners.Remove panel to burner compartment and look inside. The model number will help me give accurate assistance for your specific unit.

Below is a link showing where to find label with model number:

http://i.imgur.com/EkrwIdi.jpg.

If burners are not coming on, there should be an error light flashing on the control board in blower compartment to indicate what has failed. If you can locate this and tell me the pattern of the flash, that will point us in the right direction for troubleshooting.

Also let me know if you have a multi meter for troubleshooting.WE will go from here.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for your quick reply. I just solved the issue myself. It appears to be something to do with the limit switch. I unplugged the wire to it and replugged it, and my furnace is working fine now. I think the problem likely caused by a dirty filter.

Excellent.If you have any more issues, let me know.Leaving a poor service rating will not automatically refund your money,but reflects poorly on your expert. You have to request a refund if not satisfied with the information provided being accurate.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I was told that I only need pay $5 deposit to start the question, and then the total will be $18 if I satisfied. I just checked my paypal and it was charged $28 already. Do I get a refund of at least $23? If so, how? Thanks,

I will send that request for a complete refund.You may also do so

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks,

No problem