airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I replaced the batteries in my Honeywell Chronotherm !!! but

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** - I replaced the batteries in my Honeywell Chronotherm !!! but now the heat will not turn on. I get a " Hold - AC " message on the screen, and it will not let me reset the system
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The display screen went blank yesterday, so I replaced the batteries. Now the screen says "Hold -Ac" and the heat will not turn on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 12 months ago.

THe AC on your thermostat indicates we are not getting power from the furnace.Most likely causes are power off to furnace, a blown transformer or a blown fuse inside furnace.

Can you give me model on furnace?It will be on a label on inside furnace panel just above burners.Remove panel to burner compartment and look inside. The model number will help me give accurate assistance for your specific unit.

Below is a link showing where to find label with model number:

http://i.imgur.com/EkrwIdi.jpg.

If you have an electric furnace, label should be on front panel. We will go from here.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I just reset the fuse on the furnace, and she fired right back up. Should be good to go. Thanks

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

Leaving a poor service rating will not automatically refund your money,but reflects poorly on your expert. You have to request a refund if not satisfied with the information provided being accurate.