Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My name is ***** *****, the quietside blows fuses on the

Customer Question

Customer: Hi ' my name is ***** ***** , the quietside blows fuses on the white side of the power side of the input . The breaker does not trip .What ismy problem.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: ????????? .I have replaced the fuse with a 250 v 3 amp fuse . It just keeps blowing.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: YES???????
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 12 months ago.

Hello

Tell me if the fuse blows instantly or takes a few minutes to blow, so far i suspect a bad inducer fan motor or a short in the gas valve.

Please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel, the picture needs tobe taken from straight on, in very good light.

You can use the paper clip- icon at the right end of the tool bar at the top of this dialog box to attach it here.

If you have an error code showing, tell me what the code read out is on the wiring diagram or a sticker next to the diagram please.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attachfiles'link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

We can go from there.