Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

We need to clear the hold on our thermostat so we can just

Customer Question

We need to clear the hold on our thermostat so we can just adjust and forget it changing at a given time.
Also need to reset date.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

I don't understand your question. If the thermostat is on hold it will/should maintain that temp around the clock. It will only run the program, changing temp re: time, if it's not on hold. If you want specific info on your model I need the brand and model of your thermostat.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
th8101103 honeywell
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When the Hold shows on the screen with a time to setting change at that time I can't seem to clear the time
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

It doesn't matter what time is shown if you have it set to hold. The thermostat will maintain the temp to have set as long as it's on hold

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does not seem to work that way
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

That's how all Honeywell thermostats work. If the thermostat is on hold, displays HOLD then the time or date make no difference it will maintain the set temp. If that's not what's happening it's possible you have a problem with your heating equipment. Or maybe a faulty thermostat. Neither condition will be affected by changing the time or date