Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Rick. I'm trying to find out if a product is compatible with

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Rick. I'm trying to find out if a product is compatible with my HVAC system. The supplier is asking me if my system supplies 24 VAC... I'm o technician - what does 24 VAC mean
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The supplier is asking me if my system supplies 24 VAC... I'm o technician - what does 24 VAC meanDoes that help any?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

24 VAC means 24 volts AC (not DC). If you have a modern system (less than 20 years old) then it's highly likely you have 24 VAC. To be sure I need the brand and model of your furnace or boiler