Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I've got a Braeburn 2020nc thermostat. The heat hadn't

Customer Question

I've got a Braeburn 2020nc thermostat. The heat hadn't kicked in so I reset it. Now the heat temp is stuck at 45 and the up and down arrows don't do anything. Any ideas?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Try reprogramming it, This should be the programming manual, let me know you have any trouble with it

http://www.braeburnonline.com/sites/default/files/products/manuals/2020NC%202220NC%20manual_0.pdf

Remove any batteries, and replace them backwards for 5 minutes, then re-insert them in the correct positions.

We can go from there.

Thanks for letting me work with you. When we are finished,if my answer has been polite, professional, and thorough, please locate the 'rate your expert button' and click one of the ratings .Ifyou still need help let me know!. Rating will not increase your charges, nor close the question, but is how I earn my living.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry, tried the reprogramming gude, no help. Reversed the batteries, no change. I've reset a couple times and the heat temp is set at 45 degrees, and won't budge up or down. When I change to cool, the set at temp moves up and down with no problem. It's only the heat side that you can't change.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Any other ideas?
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Try reprogramming the thermostat from scratch...if that fails, then you will need a new thermostat, however I think reprogramming from scratch all functions...should work.

Let me know how that goes.

Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

You posted this same question in a new thread, unless you want a second opinion before we are done trouble shooting, you will end up paying for both. I submitted it as a duplicate question, stay in this thread only if you do not want to be charged twice.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I appreciate not being double charged. I'll try reprogramming everything from scratch.
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Good, stay in touch.

I tried to report your duplicate question but it failed, you should go back into your duplicate question and cancel it yourself, and ask for a refund on THAT question, not this one, do that by clicking the 'report questions button'.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I closed down the window for the original question, and can't pull it up again. I also tried reprogramming everything from scratch and got nowhere.
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

My attempt at cancelling te other question probably worked in that case.

If reprogramming from scratch failed, and you know that you programmed it correctly as you did years ago etc... and this time the programming failed, then replace the thermostat with an identical model.

Let me know if you have any problem finding one, we can go from there if needed.