Kcrand36
Kcrand36, HVAC Mechanic
Experience:  Owner at Advantage Repair
90277609

Anybody experience blower runs continuous after heat cycle.

Customer Question

Anybody experience blower runs continuous after heat cycle. York zf060n10a1aaa2. I can turn off power to stop fan. But after next heat cycle fan stays running. thank you. Tom
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 12 months ago.

Good morning. I have seen that before. I would recommend checking the fan limit / aux high limit in the heat exchanger compartment. I change these pretty frequently.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Unit is brand new. I even opened access for side discharge to confirm no duct restriction. This also is exact replacement unit that was there. I saw this once before. But never was able to see results of the fix. I'm thinking I'm missing something on board. Any set up. ?

Does it have a higher end programmable thermostat? There may be a setting for "extended fan run for heat and or cool"? You are so right about checking for air flow restrictions, what about the return? I had one location where they remodeled and boxed in the return, no way to get to the unit, we had to abandon.

I can't seem to find any information on installation of this unit or "board setup", all the York unit's I have put on are "plug and play" or drop on gas pipe, burn off the heat exchanger, check the rotation of the scroll...... and your good to go.........