Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

I have a series 2 boiler by Williamson 0.70 t0 1.75 GPH # 2

Customer Question

i have a series 2 boiler by Williamson 0.70 t0 1.75 GPH # ***** fule oil my question is i want to put a 6" liner in my chimney. will it be ok to reduce the 7" pipe from the boiler to 6"
Thanks David
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.

It may be possible. What is the BTU rating of the boiler (input) and how long a run to the chimney and how high to the roof?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
86,000 BTU rating 4' to the chimney and 25" to the roof
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

25 inches or feet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when will you answer my question
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Did you see my last response?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

I asked if it is 25 inches or 25 feet to the roof?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry about that it is 25 feet
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, 6 inch will handle up to 241,000 BTU's with a 4 foot horizontal and a 25 foot vertical run.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have additional questions. Otherwise, good luck! Thanks for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any additional questions.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Did you have more questions?