airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Trying to figure out how to replace the ignition. Trane

Customer Question

Customer: Trying to figure out how to replace the ignition. Trane XE80. Have the ignition.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Furnace is blowing but no flame.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Can you give me the complete model number on the furnace? It will be on a label on inside furnace panel just above burners.Remove panel to burner compartment and look inside. The model number will help me give accurate assistance for your specific unit.

Below is a link showing where to find label with model number:

http://i.imgur.com/EkrwIdi.jpg.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model # TUD080C936JO
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Led me grab a manual.Do you have low bar type or spark type igniter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure. But the ignitor I have is a SiNi Igniter
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a picture.

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Does it look like this one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Ok you to want to be very careful as it is fragile. There should be one screw holding it in place and a plastic connector to unplug and plug. If you can upload a picture holding camera or phone about 18 inches away of the burner compartment with panel removed I can be more specific in instructing you how to access it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is what I have:http://www.amazon.com/Trane-IGN00145-American-Standard-Surface/dp/B006F1IOBK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, mine is not round but flat.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Same procedure will be involved.If you can upload a picture holding camera or phone about 18 inches away of the burner compartment with panel removed I can be more specific in instructing you how to access it.

If you have a paper clip icon on your page you can attach using that link.Or

You can upload the pictures using the tiny pic site .

Here is a link to the site.

http://tinypic.com/

Click on Browse , select the file from your folder.then click UPLOAD NOW.

They will give you a quote to enter in the box to verify you are a human.Enter the quote and click UPLOAD NOW

You will see your picture on right side of screen.

Then copy the link URL for email & IM

Paste that link here on the site.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, just found the bracket where the ignitor is attached to. Thank you for your help
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified