HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

My stove keeps blowing cold air when I am not using it.

Customer Question

My stove keeps blowing cold air when I am not using it. Also, when I set the oven to 350F, it overheats way above 350F and displays code F10. I tried unplugging the power and waiting few minutes before plugging it again. I replaced the temperature probe. I took the back panel out, unplugged the white wire going to the relay, the fan stopped. I put the wire back and unplugged the red wire going to the thermostat, the fan stopped. I am very handy, can you tell me how to fix it?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

That is a runaway temperature code, you need to check the temp sensor for 1080 ohms at room temperature. If that is good and the wiring is good from the sensor to the clock controller then you need a new clock, which will most likely be the case.

Part #316418530

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what does the clock has to do with fan continuously running?

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

The cooling fan is controlled by the clock and thermostats so if the units clock is bad that will happen, these go bad all the time on that unit for the F10 code and fan running all the time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Another tech told me that if I unplug the white wire off the relay and the fan stops, it must be a bad relay. I did that and the fan stopped.

He also told me that if I unplug the red wire off the thermostat, it is bad thermostat. However, there was 2 red wires. Only one of them was able to stop the fan

Now, you are telling me that it is the clock. Tomorrow, I am going to the store and get a relay, thermostat and a clock to see who is right.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

OK no problem, also you said it was way overheating correct? If so you should check the sensors resistance, only the clock or sensor can cause it to overheat.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I checked the temperature sensor resistance and it was fine. Should I check the clock with a multi-meter?

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

I would check the temp probe at the clock with a meter, if it way overheats the clock is bad...nothing to do with the cooling fan at all for overheating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, can you explain again what you just said?

Also, how do you replace the clock?

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Check the temperature probe wires at the clock just to make sure you do not have a broken wire, but trust me the F10 code 99.9999% of the time on that unit is a clock they are all bad on those...I replace at least 1-2 a month for that.