BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have a Rheem Model XE10P06PU20U0 I can not find a drain

Customer Question

I have a Rheem Model XE10P06PU20U0 I can not find a drain valve option. Is there any way to drain this water heater? it is in my RV.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 12 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Have you checked all around the bottom edge there should be a drain?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have checked... There is no drain valve
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 11 months ago.

These units are so small many do not have a drain. The idea is that the cold water inlet is only a couple inches from bottom...so if you want to drain you turn off supply unhook the inlet to drain.

There are a select few with a different configuration, but on this series you are correct...there is not a drain valve.

Billy

If all set just rate service at top of page